The medical coder is responsible for analyzing medical records and assigning accurate ICD diagnosis/es and CPT coding for visits and procedures.
Abstracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate ICD 10 CM and/or CPT codes to patient records according to established procedures.
The medical coder also provides support to providers and clinical staff for CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM education around coding, billing/revenue recognition, and compliance. Performs other duties as assigned.
This full-time position's dayshift schedule may fluctuate with holiday coverage required to meet client contractual requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
● CPC from AAPC is an advantage
● Must have Advanced English Writing and Reading
● Must pass a Pre Screening Evaluation
● BS in Nursing, Allied Health or similar areas, preferred
● Receives medical information to properly code provider services for patients in a variety of clinical settings
● Must meet minimum production standards based on Client requirements
● Supplies correct ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes on all supportive diagnoses provided
● Supplies correct HCPCS code on all procedures and services performed
● Supplies correct CPT code on all procedures and services performed
● Track educational opportunities for providers during coding process into application
● Attends on the job training and in-services as required to remain current on coding concepts
● Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
● Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and the Code of Conduct and reports compliance problems appropriately
● Participate in daily, weekly and/or monthly meetings via telecommunication
● Directly reports to Coding Manager
● Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply? Visit this link:
Government Mandated Benefits, Medical, Dental
PMAXGlobal Philippine Branch is established in December of 2016 as a joint venture of two healthcare BPO giants, Practicemax and Global Healthcare Resource.
PracticeMax is one of the industry’s most well-respected providers of Revenue Cycle, Information Technology and Practice Management services in the USA. Based on claim volume, PracticeMax is in the top 2% of the nations’ largest medical practice management firms, processing over 2,400,000 patient/provider encounters and generating billings in excess of $1.6 billion annually.
Headquartered in Arizona with additional facilities – called Regional Centers of Excellence – in Illinois, Nebraska, New York, Louisiana, Texas and Oregon, PracticeMax serves over 5,200 providers in all 50 states.
Global Healthcare Resource is a full service healthcare solutions firm focused on maximizing return on investment, increasing revenues, decreasing re-admissions and improving productivity for clients. Global Healthcare Resource provides topnotch end-to-end business solutions for U.S. healthcare providers and billing companies.
PMAXGlobal Philippine Branch is a dynamic new player in the healthcare BPO industry in Cebu we employ diverse kinds of skillsets from a wide coverage in the population.