Material Resources Planner(Laguna Plant)
Material Resources Planner(Laguna Plant)
MATERIAL RESOURCES PLANNER
This position will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of planning and inventory control functions.
- Ensure achievement of objectives related to available-to-promise (ATP), on-time delivery (OTD) and inventory investment.
- Work with S&OP processes, purchasing and production to derive achievable supply and production plans.
- Actively monitor demand and the availability and flow of materials through planning, inventory and production to identify and resolve supply and production bottlenecks.
- Develop, track, review and report on planning and inventory control related metrics which reflect performance at the individual, department and company level.
- Engage the planning and inventory staff to leverage Lean tools to identify root cause, develop and execute plans to achieve target goals through continuous improvement.
- Develop and manage materials planning focusing on display of capability and urgency in addressing expedited requirements and reprioritization and demonstrating ownership and accountability at the individual as well as team level.
- Monitor production load/capacities and inventory levels (to include raw materials, components, WIP, Sub-assemblies, finished goods) to ensure material availability and timely release to production in order to achieve OTD objectives (customer, x-plant, distribution).
- Collaboratively establish quarterly and refresh monthly, an achievable 13-week rolling production plan based upon revenue goals, demand and capacity analysis and new product development initiatives in conjunction with staff and x-functional colleagues.
- Work closely and proactively with purchasing to establish and maintain inventory levels that support the factory build schedule.
- Work with counterparts in other sites to establish and maintain effective transfer order demand and supply signal creation, monitoring and fulfillment policy and procedures.
- Monitor creation and distribution of execution level production schedules; conferring daily with operations leadership and production supervisors via planners to determine progress of work and completion dates; and resolving issues on work in progress, inventory levels, and production problems with major emphasis on planning and inventory control excellence in material availability and production delivery reliability.
- Coordinate directly with product managers, customer service and operations management in order to evaluate and process expedite requests as per procedure and/or planner request.
- Resolve competing requirements for common materials within planning, conflicting demand priorities within product management/customer service and production leadership.
- Develop and maintain countermeasures to address root causes of customer service related issues. Engage product management/sales/customer service if there is a supply chain breakdown or production issue that precludes meeting the customer requirement.
- Provide access and direct line to Suppliers.
- Manage the inventory control function to ensure policy compliance and that the objectives of accuracy (count, serial, lot, etc.) product protection, timely and correct flow of paperwork and materials, and employee productivity are achieved.
- Execute and improve inventory investment processes related to:
- Strategic finished goods stocking levels
- KanBan item resizing
- Excess and Obsolete
- ABC Analysis and Cycle Count Program
- Safety Stock
- Maintain matrices that define key control fields and work x-functionally to maintain the accuracy of same.
- Establish and institutionalized standard work for planning and inventory control. Identify, define and engage staff and x-functional resources in Lean projects to identify ways to eliminate waste and drive sustained performance.
- Develop, maintain and support metrics that measure and drive individual and department productivity and improvement. Increase the productive capacity of the working groups by initiating new ideas, processes and technologies.
- College graduate in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or its equivalency.
- At least three (3) years experience in materials resources planning in supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge and experience in production planning and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of raw materials, human resources and machine availability
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Computer skills & databases; Experience in vendor management software (SAP, etc.)
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures.
- Solid judgment along with decision-making skills.
- Manifest the values of accountability, winning, integrity and entrepreneurship
PRIFOOD CORPORATION was established in 1990 to engage primarily in the manufacture of value-added snack food products with the aim of providing high quality, innovative and affordable food products to consumers.