SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES :
1. Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
2. Sets up and operates dialysis machine to provide dialysis treatment for patient with kidney failure:
Attaches dialyzer and tubing to machine to assemble for use.
3. Responsible for operating the machines that do this and monitoring the patients undergoing the
4. Monitor and adjust fluid removal rate according to patient vital signs and to minimize the
possibility of infection through proper equipment handling and sterilization.
5. Mixes Dialysate, according to formula.
6. Transport dialysis patient to dialysis room and positions patient on lounge chair at hemodialysis
7. Takes and records patient's predialysis weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and
8. Explains dialysis procedure and operation of hemodialysis machine to patient before treatment to
9. Cleans area of access, using antiseptic solution.
10. Inspects equipment settings, including pressures, conductivity, and temperature to ensure
conformance to safety standards.
11. Inspects venous and arterial pressures as registered on equipment to ensure pressures are
Within established limits.
12. May fabricate parts, such as cannulas, tubing, catheters, connectors, and fittings, using hand tools.
GENERAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
Education : Graduate of BS Nursing. (Under board), and with approved training
Experience/Training : Minimum of six (6) months related experience. With Advance Cardiac
Life Support Training and Basic Life Support Training.
Knowledge/Skills/Attitude : Hardworking, matured and with leadership skills.