Food And Beverage Coordinator expatjobs77.com- 2 months ago
The mission of the Fleet and Family Readiness (FFR) Programs team is to maximize the physical, emotional and social development of the Navy family.
FFR enables a ready Navy force through its Fleet Readiness, Family Readiness and Housing Programs.
We service all non-appropriated fund (NAF) employees who work for Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Navy Gateway Inns&Suites (NGIS) and Bachelor Housing (BH) throughout the Fleet and Family Readiness Program for the Naval District Washington (NDW) Region.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is in full charge of all management, food preparation, service operations and personnel for food and beverage activities at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland.
The following specific actions apply to this responsibility:
* Exercises supervisory authority over the kitchen, dining areas and storage areas and all food preparation and personnel in the facility, totaling approximately 60 full time, part time and flexible employees.This supervision includes but is not limited to interviewing and selecting employees, scheduling of work, granting of leave, determining work schedules, establishing training programs, evaluation of employee work performance, monitoring employee attendance, administration of employee discipline and the initiation of necessary personnel actions.
* Develops menu items of many varieties using recipes.Prioritizes the work of the kitchen, dining area and storage areas.Directs all food preparation.Develops new and creative menus that are updated regularly.Establishes and analyzes methods of food preparation, cooking and methods of garnishing by subordinates.Establishes, and monitors decisions and adjustments regarding recipes for the number of servings and size of servings and approves those decisions.Determines time and sequence of cooking operations to meet meal serving hours
* Establishes general requirements for suppliers, stock, menu, etc.Obtains supply and food items through central storeroom channels.Establishes the proper receipt and storage of stock and determines controls to prevent pilferage in the facility.
Plans annual budget for the operation, forecasts sales, expenses and profit for the operation.Keeps required cash receipts and other crucial documents required by the MWR department.Submits required paperwork to the MWR office on time, oversees the purchasing of food items and supplies.
Provides overall management of internal processing of invoices, requisitions, transfers, inventory reconciliation, labor cost analysis and financial visibility determinations.
* Ensures that the facilities are kept in an immaculate condition at all times.Keeps the staff informed about sanitation and safe working habits.Inspects machinery, equipment, work and dining areas to prevent accidents and fires.Initiates and follows through on requests to service or repair equipment, machinery or the physical facility.Promotes safety standards.Achieves a passing score on monthly sanitation inspections.Inspects working areas for cleanliness on a daily basis.Assures that personnel are up to date with food service sanitation certificates.
* Ensures the dining area is ready to open for business on schedule.Resolves any complaints regarding customer service or food related problems.
* Initiates advertising of menus through e-mail, point of sale items and other means to promote the facility to authorized patrons.
May provide food service support for festivals, recreational tournaments, and for official functions of visiting dignitaries.
Prepares internal office financial plan and related records and reports and exercises authority on approval budget.
Monitors programs on a regular basis and initiates corrective action to ensure support of operating programs of MWR.
Develops long range plans in conjunction internal managers.
Serves as technical advisor on the establishment of contract food service facilities, direct and indirect operating standards, inspecting and ensuring technical compliance for all other base MWR food and beverage outlets.
Manages new property resources and provides advice on renovations and improvements as necessary.
Maintains and enforces security of funds, merchandise, supplies, and equipment to preclude or minimize the potential for fraud, waste and abuse.
Effectively supports the Navy’s Equal Opportunity policies, and ensure compliance with fire, safety, and other environmental issues.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
##### Supervisory status
### Who May Apply
#### This job is open to…
Current Naval District Washington Employees Only
This job is open to 1 group.
* #### Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
### Conditions of Employment
Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check background screening with inquiries or higher clearance as required by the position/installation/Security Manager
* Two years of experience that demonstrates executive management skills involving planning, coordinating, and directing diversified food service operations.Must complete Controlling Alcohol Risk Effectively (C.A.R.E) Training.
* A thorough knowledge of business practices within the food and beverage industry and within MWR, along with the economic principles and ability to analyze trends and make improvements.
* Knowledge of MWR fund accounting methods, budgeting process,procedures and techniques used in maintaining, balancing and closing accounts in an accounting systems with extensive subdivision of accounts.
* Ability to deal effectively with supervisors, subordinates, vendor, and public.
* Knowledge of Navy policies, practices and regulations and the regulatory provisions applied to the budgetary process.
* Must have oral and written communication skills, and ability to evaluate, negotiate and determine potentially successful vendors.
* Ability to analyze numerous accounts and determine the need for, and the type of adjustments necessary to reconcilecost of good deficiencies and to increase profitability.
* Ability to operate computer systems and to obtain authorization to log onto the automated system.
### Additional information
Spouses of active duty military members of the Armed Forces may receive preference in hiring underthis announcement if they are among the best qualified referred and are within reach of selection.
Spouse Preference does not apply to NF 04 and NF 05 positions.
Please clearly identify in your application that you are asking for spouse preference and complete the Request for Military Spouse Preference form and submit a copy of current PCS orders.
Failure to submit current PCS orders with application will prevent spousal preference from being granted.
Acceptance or declination of a regular full or part-time non-appropriated or appropriated fund position ends your ability to claim this preference.
Some positions have special requirements.
In these cases selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements.
Applicants may be required to provide proof of education, etc.
All selections are contingent upon the obtaining of satisfactory employment reference checks.
**As a condition of employment, the selected individual will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer program.**
**SELECTIVE SERVICE REQUIREMENT:**If you are a male born after December 31, 1959 and at least 18 years of age, employment law (5 U.S.C.
3328) requires that you must register with the Selective Service System (military draft), unless you meet certain exemptions.
If applicable, failure to register will prevent you from being considered for employment.
To register, please visit the Selective Service web site at .
**The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.**
**The Department of the Navy provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should contact our Human Resource Office to ensure that the Department of the Navy can consider such requests.
The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case by case basis.**
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Ranking and Rating Criteria of knowledge, skills and abilities will be used for each application.
Click thefollowing link to preview the applicant questionnaire: **Preview Applicant Questionnaire**.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
* If you are a veteran claimingVeterans' Preference, please attach your DD-214 "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," showing all dates of service, receipt of medals and campaign badges, as well as character of service (Honorable, General, etc.).
The member 4 copy of your DD-214, “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty,” is preferable.
* A resume should be provided.
It should include relevant work experience (start/end dates stated in month/year, description of duties and salary), applicable education at a minimum, and your contact information.
For current or previous Federal employees, itshould also include the Pay Plan, Series and Grade for each work experience entry.
**APPLICATION FORMS - A complete packet of the following forms must be submitted for each position applying for:**
* **Resume that includes 3 professional references**
* **If claiming veteran's preference, you mustsubmit a clear, legible copy of your DD 214.**
* **Military Spousal Preference form (if applicable)**
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications.
Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may resultin an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S.
Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
* Benefits for federal employees
* Healthcare insurance
* Pay and leave
**Regular Full-time**(35 - 40 hours per week), all benefits offered (medical, dental, life insurance, spouse&child(ren) life insurance, long term disability, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan).
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and any other required documents as indicated in the "required documents" section, by **ONE** (only) of the following ways:
**Directly through USAJobs.gov**, click the **Apply Online** button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account
**By Email to:** NAF.NPAXR.email@example.com Note: If submitting by email,** you must put the announcement number in the subject line.**
**By Fax to:** (301) 757-2755 with the announcement number clearly indicated on the fax
**By US Postal Service to:** NAF Human Resources Office, 47402 Buse Road Bldg 467, NAS Patuxent River Maryland 20670
**In person to:** NAF Human Resources Office, 47402 Buse Road Bldg 467, NAS Patuxent River Maryland 20670
**Please note: The Announcement Number for the position for which you are applying MUST be specified on your resume.
Please write it on the top if submitting via fax, mail, or in person.
If emailing, please indicate the announcement number in the subject line.
Applications received without an announcement number designated may not be considered.**
#### Technical Support
* Check the status of the application system and maintenance schedule here: status.fhrnavigator.com
* If you experience technical difficulties applying online, report it here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The support inbox is monitored Monday through Friday, from 8 AM ET until 6 PM ET.
* Make sure your status in USAJOBS is 'Received' after you submit your application to ensure it was submitted successfully.
### Agency contact information
### NDW NAF HR Office
Commander, Navy Installations Command
47402 Buse Rd
Patuxent River, MD
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Before submitting your resume and supporting documents, please review this checklist:
* **Resume with 3 professional references**
* **Proof of Education (if applicable to position requirements)**
* **DD 214 for veteran's preference consideration**
* **Any other supporting documentation**
All applicants will be notified regarding their status.
Applicants will either be contacted for an interview or sent a letter of non-selection 4 - 6 weeks after announcement closing date.
If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 3 - 4 weeks after their interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection.
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent.
Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees&job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job.
Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov.
For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482711100.
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open&closing dates:* 10/24/2017 to 10/29/2017
*Salary:* $32.70 to $32.70 per hour MWR Food and Beverage NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
*Pay scale&grade:* NF 04
*Work schedule:* Full-Time - Full Time
*Appointment type:* Permanent - (35-40 Hours Per Week, with Benefits)